Social Work

The clinic has recently moved to a new enlarged facility in the Toronto suburb of Scarborough. Under the same roof as our founders and long-standing supporters, The Canadian Centre for Refugee and Immigrant Health Care.

Starting a refugee life over again in a foreign country, fleeing on long dangerous journeys presents daunting challenges and pitfalls. Our social workers assist with a number of different challenges that refugees and undocumented workers experience.

CCRIHC Social Work Supports Include:

  • Food Security
  • Housing & Resettlement 
  • Supporting Canadian Status Applications
  • Access to Community Resources
  • Access to LAUNCH Program
  • Employment and Skills Development
  • Form completion

If you have any questions regarding our Social Work support or wish to make an appointment please contact the centre’s main line at (647) 267-2176 or email us at  


Scarborough Housing Help Centre (SHHC): The Housing Help Centre can help you get settled in Toronto and York Region if you’re a sponsored immigrant, a permanent resident, or a refugee. We can help you find market rent or subsidized housing in the Greater Toronto Area through one-on-one counselling to determine your needs. The Settlement.Org website provides newcomers with information and resources to settle in Ontario, Canada.

City of Toronto Newcomer Service Kiosks:  Meet with a settlement worker and take advantage of free and confidential services available through Newcomer Services Kiosks across the city. All residents, regardless of immigration status, can access the Newcomer Services Kiosk program without fear of being asked for proof of status.

Let’s come together to provide a lifeline to refugees & asylum seekers inside our borders. If you want to join us and become part of the humanitarian solution, consider donating to the Canadian Centre for Refugee & Immigrant Healthcare.