The disparities and negative consequences can be severe, disabling, and deadly. Futures are lost for immigrant and refugee women new to Canada denied access to basic women’s care. SWAN is changing immigrant women’s every day.
The SWAN Clinic opened in 2007 as a dedicated medical home for vulnerable, new Canadian women. At SWAN, we serve medically uninsured refugee and immigrant women, both new and those in more advanced transition in Canada, whom are generally denied essential access to basic women’s healthcare services. Our goal is to ultimately provide women vital medical services, and empower them with the knowledge and health literacy to take control of their own outcomes and care.
CONTACT: +1 (647) 267-2176 EXT. 3
- Female Pelvic Exam and PAP Test
- Maternal and Newborn Care
- Female Genital Mutilation Screening and Assessment
- Sexual Health Counselling
- Sexual Transmitted Infections Screening
- Family Planning and Birth Control Counselling and Prescription
- Breast Examination and Cancer Screening
- Pregnancy Testing and Referral
- General Health Information and Counselling (including mental health and health literacy)
- … and other women’s health concerns