Our goal at the Back To Action Chiropractic Clinic is to address the musculoskeletal ailments in vulnerable populations through assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of biomechanical disorders.
The Back 2 Action Chiropractic Clinic provides evidence-based care for patients with acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions including older adults rehabilitating after falls, and those recovering from injuries. This is particularly important among vulnerable populations as it has been shown that refugees, asylum seekers, or undocumented people, are more likely to take on injury-prone work that resident Canadians often reject. (1,2)
Working with limited resources, our goal is to also be cost-effective. For instance, providing chiropractic care for the treatment of back pain has shown to reduce medical imaging costs (including MRIs) by 37%, has reduced hospitalizations by 41%, and reduced the number of back surgeries by 32% (3).
Working collaboratively with the primary health care team at the CCRIHC, we can help patients manage pain, improve function and mobility, and prevent further injury.
Contact: +1 (647) 267-2176 Ext. 5
Chiropratic Clinic will provide the following services
- Co-management of patients with musculoskeletal conditions
- Non-pharmacological options for pain management
- Comprehensive support for patients with comorbidities
- Patient education and self-management strategies
- Therapeutic exercise and rehabilitation
- Manual therapy and modalities
- Reduce reliance on diagnostic imaging and referrals to specialists
- Identification of yellow and red flags
- Knowledge transfer with other practitioners
- High patient satisfaction