This is a terrific opportunity for someone passionate about newcomer healthcare who enjoys writing and understands the grant-making process. CCRIHC’s Grant writer will be responsible for researching funders, writing and coordination grant applications, reporting to funders through social media & email marketing campaign as well as helping maintain the donor database. The Grant Writer will work closely with The Marketing and Research leads as well as the PR Representative closely to gather information and produce compelling materials for funders including letters of interest, proposals, interim and formal reports to raise funds primarily from public and private foundations.
- Prepares proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risk associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance and evaluation.
- Writes, revises and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions and organization credentials.
- Maintains quality results by using templates: following proposal-writing stands including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal writing results by evaluating and redesigning processes approach, coordination and boilerplate.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different request and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 3+ Years Work or volunteer experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Proven record of making successful applications for substantial funding from foundations, trusts, and/or other grant-making bodies.
- Education to degree level or processing a relevant qualification and/or appropriate experience in a related post.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources
We are looking to hire a Public Relations Representative to join our team. The ideal candidate will support strategic comms announcements, communication planning, working with reporters and influencers, crafting key messages, and writing communication briefings and building internal and external partner relationships. Reporting to the directors, program heads and community engagement. This position will primarily support CCRIHC’s fundraising and patient communication initiatives that align with our strategic directions.
Public relations representatives must have excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask and respond quickly and effectively to emerging situations.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (including senior leadership team) to communicate the hospital’s vision, strategic directions, and progress on results.
- Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of a communications strategy and associated activities using consistent processes.
- Produce and edit written, visual, and broadcast content for the Centre’s website and social media platforms.
- Prepare key messages such as backgrounders, speeches, presentations, promotional items, executive briefing notes, story pitches, media releases, fact sheets and press kit.
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Identify specific or unique communication delivery channels needed for stakeholder groups and champion communication solution.
- Produce and distribute monthly electronic newsletter for stakeholder for internal audience, coordinating information submitted from stakeholders.
- Ensure quality of communication and their compliance to charity standards; ensure all necessary approvals are secured prior to publication.
- Produce photography services for internal/ external Publications, events and websites and program leads.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of a social media strategy using consistent processes, templates, and tools.
- Liaise with key functions and stakeholders across the business to create a schedule of PR milestones.
- Work or volunteer experience in the not for profit or healthcare sector preferred.
- Minimum two years related work experience in a strategic communication role.
- Proven track record of success in developing and implementing external communication programs that reach a diverse donor base.
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple and changing deadlines. Solid Project Management Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe CC and Asana
- Knowledge of marketing and public relation principles.